– The first Jack O’Lanterns were a made from turnips.
– Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday.
– The owl is a popular Halloween image. In Medieval Europe, owls were thought to be witches, and to hear an owl’s call meant someone was about to die.
– The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb.
– The first known mention of trick-or-treating in print in North America occurred in 1927 in Blackie, Alberta, Canada.
– Cats have a prominent place in Halloween folklore and decor
– Ireland is typically believed to be the birthplace of Halloween.
– Scarecrows, a popular Halloween fixture, symbolize the ancient agricultural roots of the holiday.
– Orange and Black are the traditional Halloween colour – Orange represents the autumn harvest, and Black represents the darkness and death.
– About 99% of all pumpkins sold are used as Jack O’Lanterns for Halloween
– Chocolate makes up more than 75% of the trick or treaters loot!
Contact us for Staff for your Halloween Themed Events!
If you are looking for ghosts, zombies, witches or wizards Promotional Models London have a cornucopia of local, professional and experienced staff who can bring your Halloween activities to life! For a free and fast quotation please call us on 0844 800 0071 or click here!